THE BLOG

categories

Millenium Park Engagement Session | Shadae + Taye | Chicago Wedding Photographer

I met up with Shadae and Tay in front of the Chicago Theater on a warm, sunny afternoon for their engagement session. Shadae rocked this gorgeous, blue off-shoulder dress. And Tay was oh so dapper in his sports coat and bowtie. I wasn’t the only one who thought so; unbeknowingly to us before we had arrived to our agreed upon location, their session was the same place and time as the Chicago Columbus Day parade. They were so dressed to the nines they stole the parade’s audience. In between frames, spectators and onlookers stopped to compliment,”You guys look great! Congratulations!” and “Oh! They are so cute!”.

The three of us had so much fun during their session. Tay is hilarious; he was excited about his first photo shoot. He and his GQ posing and Blue Steel  had Shadae and I cracking up!

During the consultation, Shadae mentioned playing up on her last name being Martin and his being Payne. Martin Payne is the main character from the hit early ’90s sitcom, Martin, played by comedian Martin Lawrence. She made them the cutest t-shirts I’ve ever seen. Keep scrolling to see her amazing work!

Photographer | Emily-Melissa Photography

Venue | Millenium Park

Shoes | Converse

Jeans | Levi

Engagement

11/14/2018

1. Ashton

November 14th, 2018 at 8:13 pm

They rocked it both formally and casually. Love this session from start to finish!

2. Mandi Thommen

November 14th, 2018 at 8:15 pm

I absolutely love how bold and crisp these are! Your editing is amazing!

3. Kate Lynn

November 14th, 2018 at 9:05 pm

Yasss girl you slayed this session and I love the one of them holding the rope with the knot!

4. Lindsay Zilke

November 15th, 2018 at 1:20 am

These two are on fire!! Their style, their smiles, they are the whole package. You nailed this Chicago session Emily!!!

5. Raina

November 15th, 2018 at 3:03 am

Her dress…his suit…that RING!! I could look at photos of these two for hours. They are so amazing!

6. Fran

November 15th, 2018 at 10:12 am

I just love to see the two sides of their personality: formal and casual! I love the colours of your images and how you tell their stories.

7. Lifelong Impressions

November 15th, 2018 at 12:44 pm

I love the tying the knot picture! And the ones in the T-shirt’s are SO FUN!! Great job!

8. Tricia

November 15th, 2018 at 12:50 pm

You definitely nailed this! I can see why you received the knot’s award!

9. Michelle

November 17th, 2018 at 2:55 am

They totally rocked their engagement session! I love both parts of the shoot, and their custom t shirts are the best! So much love and fun in this session! Love the variety of beautiful photos you created!

10. Ela

November 17th, 2018 at 4:21 am

Ah! I love love engagement sessions in millenium park!
    That tie the knot rope idea is too perfect! I’ve never seen that before for an engagement session- I love everything about that photo!

11. Kelly

November 17th, 2018 at 6:56 am

Such a fun session! I love her dress, navy looks so good in these locations.

12. Sarah Holladay

November 17th, 2018 at 6:14 pm

This makes me want to go visit Chicago again!! I love the way you captured them in a really classy way and then a really fun, personal way. Gorgeous work!!

13. Kusum

November 18th, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Classy and fun, such a great combination and couple! Love these captures, truly tells a story about the couple and their personalities.

14. Corey

November 19th, 2018 at 4:09 am

These engagement photos are gorgeous! Love the props and their tee shirts – so fun! The different Chicago locations and the colors are perfect too!

15. Kara Ardron

November 19th, 2018 at 12:17 pm

Oh my goodness what an adorable couple! And I LOVE their style (her earrings in particular are gorgeous with the blue dress). I’ve been to Chicago a couple times but I love seeing it through their eyes so to speak!